La Parfait Positivity Meter: 5 Ways to Improve Your Mindset
Every year we celebrate Positive Thinking Day as a day to highlight having happy thoughts. What if we told you that you can celebrate it every single day and reap amazing rewards for your mind, body and soul? Yeah! Stick around as we let you in on how we, at La Parfait Cosmetics, get into a thinking, speaking, breathing and living positive mindset.
Remember when Peter Pan said “just think happy thoughts and you’ll fly?” Well, that’s exactly what we want you to get your mind to do so you can soar your way into a happier and healthier life. You see, studies have shown that whether you are a glass half-empty or glass half-full kind of person it will impact your physical and mental health. Guess which way of thinking is better? You betcha, it is all about positive thinking and it turns out that positive people are healthier!
There is power in positive thinking. A study conducted by Johns Hopkins concluded that those with a history of heart-disease were less likely to suffer from a heart attack or any other cardiovascular issues if they had a positive outlook on life. Now, if this isn’t enough to reframe your way of thinking, then take a look at those who live under continuous stress and you’ll see how it accelerates aging. It’s not that aging is a negative thing and you can surely age gracefully, but aging prematurely is not healthy. So, next time you find your mind wandering off into a negative state, redirect it by applying neuro-linguistic programming techniques.
NPL: Neuro-Linguistic Programming to Transform Your Life
NPL is an “approach to communication and personal development” focusing on how we organize our feelings, thoughts and our choice of words. NLP was created by Richard Bandler and John Grinder back in the 1970s and since then it has gained the interest of many researchers, psychologists and motivational speakers like Tony Robbins. NLP has even been used to treat post traumatic depression and stress.
Highly successful people practice positive affirmations and incantations because they know that your life is as good as your mindset. Being confident is key, but having the right mindset is the powerful action that opens the door to a better life. If you want to achieve your goals, then you’ll want to take a closer look at how NLP techniques will help you transform your thoughts, feelings and emotions. These action-oriented techniques focus on how you can change your mindset rather than why around situations in your life.
Basically, you can start practicing visualizing yourself being successful at something. Really picture yourself, your body language and your confidence exude throughout this visualization. This is a good start to NLP as it will set the foundation for your transformation and reframing of your mind.
Mirror-Mirror: Be Your Most Positive Self
Our daily positivity check begins with a really close look at ourselves. We don’t mean to just look through the mirror without intention, what we mean is to have a deeper look and tell yourself all the positive things you want to attract to your life. There are so many benefits to thinking positively like having higher energy levels, better psychological and physical health, better stress management, and even getting fewer colds! In general, you get to enjoy a better quality of life.
So next time you wake up, get ready for your beauty sleep or just do daily life, practice these life-changing, mindset reframing tips:
- Talk nice to yourself. Be mindful of that voice in your head that can be your worst critic. Practicing positive self-talk will guarantee you give yourself the power to override any negative thoughts that come your way.
- Be gracious. Jot down in your journal all the things you are grateful for and you’ll see an improvement in your optimism and wellbeing.
- Positive attitude, beautiful skin. It’s no secret that a poor attitude will make your face look like it’s permanently frowning. It will also make your skin look dull. A good exfoliator will remove dead skin cells allowing your healthy cells to shine. We love, love, love our Deep Renewal Facial Mask because it’s a gentle facial peel mask specially designed to minimize pores and remove dead skin cells, absorbing excess oils from your skin to treat acne. It nourishes and renews your skin with Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) to help brighten the skin complexion. Self-esteem and positivity are correlated, and a good skincare routine will make your skin feel and look beautiful.
- Positives attract. The law of attraction is just that, you attract what you give off. Positivity is contagious, so you’ll want to surround yourself with people who will lift you up and help you reach your goals.
- Laugh freely. Having good humor lowers stress and laughing is a way to instantly lighten the mood. Even if you are not feeling it, pretend to laugh and you’ll see how your mood improves. Try it!
These are our top 5 ways we love to bring joy to our lives every day. It’s so important to take good care of ourselves, because let’s face it, life is too beautiful to walk around with a frown upside-down. Speak beautiful things and you’ll be surrounded by beautiful and great things that will positively impact your mind, body and soul.